Digestion is important to our health. We need to find food that easy for our digest system work. Here’s are good and bad foods for digestion
Best Food for Digestion
1. Bananas – This fruit will restore normal bowel function especially when you have diarrhea. It restore electrolytes and potassium that may be lost due to runny stool. It also has lots of fiber to aid digestion.
2. Yogurt – Yogurt have trillions of bacteria that help to digest food. Most of yogurt contains some healthy bacteria which replenishes the normal flora within the gastrointestinal tract.
3. Kimchi – Never heard about it? Me too. It is a Korean favorite meal that using cabbage, radish or onion along with lots of spices. Tha cabbage will help healthy bacteria grow in the colon. It also helps eliminate waste and keeping bowel movement regular.
4. Lean met and fish – Chicken fish and other lean meats is better than red meat.
5. Whole grain – Whole grain are a good source of fiber that help digestion. Fiber in whole grains can help you feel full and lower cholesterol.
6. Ginger – It is a best spice for relieve vomitiong, nausea, morning sickness, motion sickness, loss of appetiate, gass and colic. But it is need to take in moderate. It can cause heartburn if you took it more than 2-4 grams per day.
Worst Foods for Digestion
1. Berry – Berries are good for health but the tiny seeds can be a problem for people suffer with diverticulitis, or pockets that develop in the intestine that become inflamed or infected.
2. Chili peppers – This spice can irritate the esophagus and lead to heartburn pain. This can be a particular problem for people with irritable bowel syndrome or those who already suffer from chronic heartburn.
3. Dairy – Dairy has calcium and good in diet but for the lactose intolerant, it can cause diarrhea, gas and abdonimal bloating and cramps. It occurs when people don’t make enough lactase, an enzyme that breaks down lactose. For those lactose intolereant, don’t drink or eat dairy .
4. Chocolate – Chocolate may be a problem for those suffered with irritable bowel syndrome or chronic constipation. But it is not because of chocolate, the real reason is the milk contained in many chocolate treats. Most of chocolate also has caffeine that can stimulate bloating, cramps and diarrhea.
5. Coffe, tea and soft drinks – This beverages not only over relax the esophageal spinchter it also can act as diuretics which lead to diarrhea and cramping. If you have gastroesophageal reflux disease or heartburn, avoid this beverage.
6. Corn – Corn is rich in fiber but it also contains cellulose that can’t break down easily.
7. Alcohol – Drinking alcohol could inflame the stomach lining, impairing certain enzymes and preventing nutrients from being absorbed. Too much alcohol can cause diarrhea and cramping.
8. High fat and fried food – Those high fat and fried food can overwhelm stomach result acid reflux and heartburn. It also can result in pale-colored stool, a phenomenon called steatorrhea, which is essentially excess fat in the feces.
Source ;- Health Yahoo