Research points out at several health issues related to a hard mattress. This is the primary concern of not only the consumers but the manufacturers as well. People now are more knowledgeable about these issues and therefore do not buy any type of mattress they chance upon. Instead, they research thoroughly on the matter and know all the pros and cons of each type, styles and materials available before they finally choose on one specific type.
When it comes to hard mattresses that are usually preferred, it is found that:
- These cause aches and pains in various parts in your body and not only in your neck and back. It may also cause pain in different pressure point areas such as your hips.
- It causes inflammation of the bursa over your hips resulting in a medical condition called greater trochanteric bursitis.
- If you sleep on your sides on a mattress that is too firm it will also affect other pressure point areas such as your shoulders as it will be pressed against the mattress almost overnight.
Studies have also found out that a hard mattress may also cause discomfort and disrupt your sleep making you feel dizzy and exhausted in the morning.
Evaluate a mattress
Therefore, you will need to evaluate a mattress properly before buying it.
- The best way to do this is to sleep on it. You can try different types of mattresses in your friend’s home or in different hotels that you may stay in during your business trips. Inquire about the ones that you feel comfortable to sleep on and look for that specific types when you buy.
- Apart from that, you must also ensure that the mattress that you buy is compatible with and adjustable bed as well, especially if you sleep on one for medical reasons. Since the adjustable beds have a base that can be tilted to various angles it is important to make sure that the bed and the mattress are in tandem as most common of the mattresses are not compatible with adjustable beds.
In addition to that, if you want to ensure that you have invested your money and health on the right type of mattress you must mandatorily go through the Real Mattress Reviews before finally buying one for your bed. Make sure that you look up in the dedicated review sites for authentic and impartial reviews.
Add pillow tops
If you want to make the mattress more comfortable, then you must also consider using pillow-tops on it. This additional layer on top of the mattress will make the surface even softer. There are different types of pillow-tops available in the market that comes in a wide range of thickness and softness. These pillow-tops come in a wide variety of materials as well that has varying characteristics such as:
- A heating component for soothing heat therapy
- Natural wool for warmth but are relatively expensive.
There may be a few specific types of mattresses that may already have pillow-tops incorporated into it.