Heart attacks are a leading killer of both men and women in most of countries in the world. Heart attack is a massive attack that results of die. Sometimes a healthy person can get heart attack. Heart attack occurs when regions of the heart muscle decrease in oxygen supply. The blockage of blood flow will buildup a plaque and make a blood clot forms. The muscle cells will suffer if the blood and oxygen supply is cut off. Without enough blood and oxygen the heart will suffer severe and possibility to die is high.
Early warning signs of a heart attack
- Pressure in center of chest
- Pain in shoulders, neck of arms
- Chest discomfort with fainting, sweating or nausea
Heart Attack cause
- Cholesterol is the most mainly factor for heart attack. The cholesterol will occur in the blood vessels. It will narrow the artery and the flow of blood. Artery can’t supply enough blood to the heart muscle and hurt it.
- Microscopic blood vessels.
- Severe spasm of a coronary artery.
- Smoking can increase the risk to heart attack.
- Family history.
Symptom of Heart Attack
Most of heart attack case is suddenly happen but there are some symptom and signal. If you have this symptom don’t do hard work and go to hospital.
- Chest discomfort makes uncomfortable pressure, fullness, pain, shortness of breath or squeezing. It is dangerous if you do some hard work job.
- Feel the pain in the neck, arms or shoulder and mild to intense. There are pressure, burning, tightness feel in your upper abdomen, neck, chest or inside the shoulders.
- The irregular heart rate. The heart will more faster than normal rate.
- Breaking out in a cold sweat
- Feeling unusually tired for no reason, sometimes for days (especially if you are a woman)
- Nausea (feeling sick to the stomach) and vomiting
- Light-headedness or sudden dizziness
- Any sudden, new symptom or a change in the pattern of symptoms you already have (for example, if your symptoms become stronger or last longer than usual)
The treatment used will depend on when your symptoms started and how soon you can access treatment.
- If your symptoms started within the past 12 hours – you will usually be offered primary percutaneous coronary intervention (PCI).
- If your symptoms started within the past 12 hours but you cannot access PCI quickly – you will be offered medication to break down blood clots.
- If your symptoms started more than 12 hours ago – you may be offered a different procedure, especially if symptoms have improved. The best course of treatment will be decided after an angiogram and may include medication, PCI or bypass surgery.
There are some several tests to diagnose a heart attack. The expertise/doctor will review your medical history, blood test , give a physical examination and use an electrocardiogram.
Reference : – http://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/