What is Lyme Disease
Have you heard lyme disease?It is a bacterial illness caused by a bacterium called a “spirochete” and spread by ticks found on deer harbor. It can cause abnormalities in the joints, nervous system, skin, and heart. The lyme disease symptoms is headache, fatigue, fever and a characteristic skin rash.
Risk to get this disease
— > Spending time in wooded or grassy areas. .
–> Exposed skin to place where the ticks attach.
–> Not removing ticks promptly or properly.
How to avoid from tick infection
HOW TO AVOID TICK BITES
1. Tuck your pant legs into your socks and your shirt into your pants.
2. Wear light colored clothing. Dark ticks are more easily spotted against a light background.
3. Inspect clothes often for ticks. Have a companion inspect your back.
4. Apply repellents according to label instructions. Applying directly to clothing appears to be most effective.
5. Upon returning to the home remove clothing and wash or put it in the dryer for 30 minutes to kill any ticks.
6. When you get in from the field shower and inspect your body thoroughly. Especially check groin, navel, armpits, head and behind knees and ears. Have a companion check your back, or use a mirror.
7. Inspect children at least once daily for ticks. When in heavily infested areas inspect children every three to four hours.
8. When hiking stay in the middle of trails. Do not bushwhack.
9. Clear brush from around your premises and keep grassy areas mown.
10. Avoid plantings that especially attract deer and other animals.
11. Limit watering of lawns.
12.Judicious use of environmental insecticides to kill ticks may be necessary in some areas.
Lyme Disease Cure
Antibiotics are the primary treatment for Lyme disease, and almost all patients recover after antibiotic treatment. However, recovery may take weeks to months after finishing antibiotic treatment.
However, people who recover slowly do NOT benefit from taking additional antibiotics. There is no evidence that the Lyme bacteria is resistant to any of the antibiotics commonly used to treat the infection.
That’s some info. If you get the symptoms, always check to doctor. Don’t just buy a medicine from pharmacy.