Have you heard Pankreatitis? Pankreatitis is the inflammation that occurs in the pancreas. It occurs When the pancreas swell, dirembes enzymes – which are usually active in the small intestine and become active in the pancreas gland, pancreas tissue, but began to erode. This resulted in injuries to the pancreas.
Pankreatitis may occur in acute (sudden, in the short term) or chronic (continuous, in the long run), but both can be dangerous and can lead to fatal complications. Most acute cases are acute pankreatitis. Pankreatitis disease is mostly mild cases. Chance of recovery are good. However, some patients with severe acute pankreatitis, where inflammation, tissue damage and infection of the pancreas occurs. Likely that other organs are also affected, such as kidney failure or involvement of lung infection. Pankreatitis acute severe to be treated immediately to prevent complications and death.
The main cause of acute pankreatitis are gallstone and alcohol abuse in a long time. Both of these reasons contributed to 80 percent of cases of acute pankreatitis. Abuse of alcohol in the long term can damage the cells of the pancreas and cause inflammation of the pancreas. Gallstones can also block the bile duct or pancreatic duct, causing digestive fluids accumulate in the pancreas.
Other causes are more rare such a stomach injury, after ERCP procedure (procedure to remove gallstones from the bile duct), drugs, pancreatic abnormalities, and triglycerides (a type of fat) in the blood.
Signs and symptoms of complications
- Upper abdominal pain – pain is usually severe, although it is the main symptom of most people consider this as gastric pain.
- Pain that spreads to the back of the body – pain is usually spread to the organ where it is the pancreas.
- Pain after eating or drinking – Pain gets worse after eating or drinking, especially after eating food containing high fat.
- Nausea and vomiting – Ordinary occur.
- Other symptoms are fever, abdominal distention, rapid heart rate, less water retention and low blood pressure. If not treated promptly, symptoms will worsen and can lead to kidney failure, difficulty breathing and blood pressure becomes too low, patients may experience a shock.
Pankreatitis acute treatment depends on the circumstances and causes of pankreatitis. Physical examination, blood testing and examination of images used to assess the situation pankreatitis mengdiagnos and acute. After that, the doctor will carry out treatment and treat the cause pankreatitis support.
To get more info about pankreatitis, check with your local hospital. It is important to get early protection.