Do you want to buy contact lens? Before buying it you need to know about the pros and cons of the coon types of contact lenses. It is important for preventing eye infections. Read this
Soft Contact lenses
This type of contact lenses could help to correct various vision problems sucha as :-
Blurred vision (astigmatism)
Age-related loss of close-up vision (presbyopia)
Soft contact lenses is best of the shape of your eye. It is comfortable and tend to stay in place so it is good choice for sports or outdoor activity. The soft contact lenses comes in such as :-
1. Disposable contact lenses are expensive. It is not need to be cleaned or disinfected. You just use them for the recommended timeframe and then discard them. It is recommend for those who won’t wear contacts regularly.
2. Extended wear soft contact lenses can be use while sleeping. But you must removed for cleaning at least once a week. Even though you can wear it while sleeping but avoid it.
3. Daily wear soft contact are the cheaper lenses. It is need to cleaned regularly and can’t be wearing while sleeping.
Hard Contact Lenses
This is the recommendable lenses for those who unsatisfied with the soft contat lenses. It is more breathable than are soft contact lenses while reduces the risk of eye infections. It must be removed for cleaning and disinfection at night.
It might take time to adjust hard contact lenses.
Specialized contact lenses
You might consider specialized contact lenses on this condition such as :
1. Tinted contact lenses are good to enhance color perception or help compensate for color blindness. Avoid costume or decorative contact lenses because it could damage your eyes and cause potentially serious eye infections.
2. Hybrid contact lenses feature a hard center surrounded by a soft outer ring. The lenses might be an option if you have an irregular corneal curvature or for those having trouble wearing traditional lenses.
3. Bifocal or multifocal lenses are available in both soft and hard varieties and could correct nearsightedness farsightedness and astigmatism.
Avoiding eye infections
Wearing contact lenses could increases the risk of eye infection. However to prent it, follow this rules :
1. Always wash, rinse and dry your hand before handling your lenses.
2. Remove your contact before go to sleep eventhough you used contact that can be wearing while sleeping. It is to prevent eye infection.
3. Don’t wear contact while you in bath or swimming.
4. Rub and rises your lenses regularly.
5. Always check on the lenses expiration date. Don’t use expired contact lenses. Replace it when needed.
Source :- Mayoclinic
Always ask from your specialist before buying any contact lenses. It is important because you can damaged your eyes if use wrong contact lense.