SOme of children have a cold or seasonal allergies. It is difficul for parent to determine from their chidren.
“Runny, stuffy or itchy noses; sneezing; coughing; fatigue; and headaches can all be symptoms of both allergies and colds, but when parents pay close attention to minor details they will be able to tell the difference,” Dr. Michelle Lierl, a pediatric allergist at Cincinnati Children’s Hospital Medical Center, said in a hospital news release.
“Children who have spring or fall allergies have much more itching of their noses; they often have fits of sneezing and usually rub their noses in an upward motion,” she explained. “They also complain about an itchy, scratchy throat or itchy eyes, whereas with a cold, they don’t.”
There’s a way to control the children seasonal allergies symptoms
1. Keep windows closed during periods of high pollen and fungal spore levels, and change air conditioner filters every month.
2. Change children’s clothing when they come inside from outdoors. Wash clothing to rid them of all outdoor allergens.
3. After being outside, children should wash their face, hands and hair, and parents should use a nonprescription saline solution to rinse children’s eyes and nose.
4. Limit outdoor activity in the morning, when pollen counts are higher. When traveling, keep vehicle windows closed to keep pollen and other allergens out.
5. Make sure children take their allergy medicine daily during pollen season.
Reference :- Health yahoo
This is some good tips for parent. I don’t have any children yet but this tips is helpful. If you have any additional tips, let’s share to yourhealthblog.net