There’s study from America NPR that only 2 percent of contact lens user follow all the rules and 80 percent think that they follow the good practice. The result was published in the December issue of the journal Optometry and Vision Science.
In the study 72 percent of contact lens think they have experienced discomfort from their lenses and 47 percent having had an infection from their lenses. Some of the bad habits include ‘topping off’ the solution in the lens case instead of soaking and rinsing lenses in fresh solution each day and never or rarely replacing the lens case.
Common problem such as conjuctivitis can be caused by a bacterial infection and the more serious illness such as pseudomonas, Acanthamoeba and E.Coli that can cause blindness.
This is some tips using lenses
1. Avpod using your contact between water and lenses (remove it before going swimming)
2. Never rinse lenses in water.
3. Saline solution and rewetting drops are not meant to disinfect your contact lenses.
4. Discard old lenses and start a new pair according to the schedule given to you by your eye care professional.
5. Rinse your contact lens case with solution and not water.
6. Replace your contact lens case every three months.
Source :- MSN Lifestyle