Do you know about Alzheimer? This disease is common for older people. It will affect brain disorder and affects a patient ability in their life slowly.
What you should know about Alzheimer
Alzheimer’s is a type of dementia that causes problems with memory, thinking and behavior. Symptoms usually develop slowly and get worse over time, becoming severe enough to interfere with daily tasks. The Alzheimer people will have problem to memorize even names of people nearer. Some of them, will lost their mental and memory function. Usually this disease begins around 55 above and the risk will high when you are older.
Alzheimer’s is not a normal part of aging, although the greatest known risk factor is increasing age, and the majority of people with Alzheimer’s are 65 and older. But Alzheimer’s is not just a disease of old age. Up to 5 percent of people with the disease have early onset Alzheimer’s (also known as younger-onset), which often appears when someone is in their 40s or 50s.
There are cause of this disease such as :-
1. Family history will increase risk to get this disease. People that get Down syndrome get high risk to Alzheimer.
2. High cholesterol and high blood pressure also a factor that develop this disease.
1. Significant memory problems.
2. Significant thinking deficits. Patient can’t identify language, object, coordinate, etc
3. Decline severe enough to interfere. It effect in work performance or relationships
4. Memory and cognitive symptoms are not the result of another medical condition or disease
Alzheimer’s has no current cure, but treatments for symptoms are available and research continues. Although current Alzheimer’s treatments cannot stop Alzheimer’s from progressing, they can temporarily slow the worsening of dementia symptoms and improve quality of life for those with Alzheimer’s and their caregivers. Today, there is a worldwide effort under way to find better ways to treat the disease, delay its onset, and prevent it from developing.