Celery is a plant variety in the family Apiaceae. It is commonly used as a vegetably. Celery seed is also used as a spice.
Celery is a leaves that content of high vitamin A. It is a very nutritious vegetable .The stems also full of vitamin B and C. Natural organic salt in celery is safe for consumption and good for your health. The color of the leaves should be green or white.
Chinese traditional healthcare have used celery for long years ago.
There are benefits of celery :-
- There are researches shown the ability of celery to low the high blood pressure. It contains active compounds that can relax your muscles especially around arteries. The blood will flow effectively and lower the pressure.
- Drink or eat celery can balance the acidity in your blood. It is important to prevent your stomach from others acidity sickness.
- There are some anti-cancer compounds contain in the celery. It can help to prevent tumor cells from growth.
- Drink a celery juice a week effectively can lower your cholesterol.
- Celery juice amazing relief for inflammation asthma, gout and bronchitis.
- Celery is an important food source of conventional antioxidant nutrients, including vitamin C, beta-carotene, and manganese.
- Celery is known to contain at least eight families of anti-cancer compounds. Among them are the acetylenics that have been shown to stop the growth of tumor cells. Phenolic acids which block the action of prostaglandins that encourage the growth of tumor cells. And coumarins which help prevent free radicals from damaging cells.
- The natural laxative effect of celery helps to relieve constipation. It also helps relax nerves that have been overworked by man-made laxatives.
- During dry and hot weather, drink a glass of celery juice two or three times a day, between meals. It wonderfully helps to normalize body temperature.
Choose green celery where possible for its chlorophyll. Ensure that the ribs are still firm, not limp. To store in the fridge, keep celery in a sealed container or wrap in a plastic bag.
Do not leave it at room temperature for too long as it tends to wilt quickly. If your celery has wilted, sprinkle it with a little water and put it in the refrigerator for a few hours. It will regain its crispnes
Reference : Bee Well At Stanford
The white celery is grown shaded from direct sunlight, thus has less chlorophyll, compared to its greener counterparts.
The ribs of celery are crunchy and are often used to make soup or salad. It has a salty taste, so celery juice is a good mix with the sweeter fruit juices. Depending on variety, some may taste very salty.
There are many benefit drink and eat celery. Not just as a meal for lunch/dinner it make your healthy good.