Do you know what is cauliflower? Cauloiflower is a member of the cruciferous family of vegetables, often overshadowed by its green cousin broccoli. This is one vegetable that deserves a regular rotation in your diet, however, as it contains an impressive array of nutrients, including vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, and other phytochemicals.
Now, I think you know about this vegetable. I just found some interesting fact about cauliflower to our health at twitter. So, I’ll share it
Just get some facts about cauliflower…
1. It provides fibre which prevents constipation.
2. It contains a substance called allicin which helps prevent heart attack, risk of strokes, and other cardiovascular diseases.
3 It is like other cruciferous vegetables can reduce the risk of lung, colon, breast, ovarian, prostrate, and other cancers.
4. Research has shown that the vitamin C in cauliflower can help reduce the wheezing in children suffering from asthma.
5. 1 cup of boiled cauliflower can give you 55 mg of vitamin C
6. Sulforaphane in cauliflower and other cruciferous vegetables has been found to significantly improve blood pressure and kidney function
7. Eating cauliflower regularly is a simple way to get these much-needed nutrients into your body. For instance, one serving of cauliflower contains 77 percent of the recommended daily value of vitamin C. It’s also a good source of vitamin K, protein, thiamin, riboflavin, niacin, magnesium, phosphorus, fiber, vitamin B6, folate, pantothenic acid, potassium, and manganese.