Sore tongue is usually familiar with everybody because it can be caused by several simple reasons: biting or injuring the tongue while eating or by toothbrush. Some other reasons that contribute to sore tongue are genertics, hormonal imbalance, consuming foods that are too spicy or salty, lack of some nutrients, viral infections and intestinal disorders. When you get sore tongue, you are suffered from common symptoms including red and small pumps, swollen areas of the tongue. You don’t need to spend much money to treat this problem, there are many natural home remedies can help you heal it easily.
- Aloe vera
One of the best solutions for sore tongue is aloe vera. Due to its high content of anti-inlammatory substance, it supports to release pain quickly.
- Take one fresh aloe vera leaf’s gel
- Absorb it on your tongue
- Do this some times a day
Alternatively, you can try washing your mouth with aloe vera juice 3-4 times daily
Note: Apply this remedy daily until your tongue doesn’t longer pain any more.
- Baking soda
If you are suffering from sore tongue symptoms, baking soda is an excellent home remedy for you. It contains anti-inflammatory elements that reduces pain and soothe your tongue.
- Add ½ of spoon of baking soda to a cup of water
- Place this solution on your damaged tongue for 1 minute
- Wash off with warm water
- Repeat this treatment some times a day
Alternatively, you can gargle with the mixture of 1 spoon of baking soda and a cup of water a few times daily.
3. Hydrogen peroxide
When dealing with sore tongue, people pay attention to hydrogen peroxide. Thank to antiseptic and antibacterial substances, it lowers the growth of infections, which helps treat this problem efficiently.
- Add 3 percent hydrogen peroxide into warm water with the same amount
- Soak a clean cotton in this solution
- Place it on your tongue for some seconds
- Do this remedy several times daily for some days
No one is unfamiliar with salt. It is usually used to treat some common oral problems including sore tongue. Salt works as an antiseptic property that eliminates infection, decreases pain and inflammation as well.
- Put 1 spoon of salt into 1 cup of warm water
- Stir until salt disappears
- Use this solution to gargle 3-4 times a day
- Take it until your sore tongue is gone
You can also read more effect of salt at Home Remedies for Abscessed Tooth.
In the battle to get rid of sore tongue, people have been using licorice for years. It is a natural herb that treat this trouble effectively as well as quickly.
- Add 1 spoon of licorice root powder with a little water to make a unique paste
- Use a cotton to apply this mixture on your tongue
- Wait some minutes
- Wash off with warm water
- Do it some times a day
- Lavender essential oil
There is no need to spend much money on luxury products for treating sore tongue, you can rely on lavender essential oil. It will shorten the process of healing sore tongue.
- Mix a little lavender essential oil with a glass of warm water
- Gargle with this mixture several times a day
Note: You absolutely do not consume this oil, it may be dangerous for your body
Another highly recommended suggestion for sore tongue is honey. It is a rich source of soothing and curative elements that will get rid of pain and inflammation.
- Get the mixture of 1 spoon of honey and ½ spoon of tumeric
- Sit this paste on your pain area for 5 minutes
- Wash it off with warm water
- Repeat this process 3-4 times a day for some days
Bio: Lily has been working as the senior editor of Authority Remedies for the last 2 years. This website is specialized in providing natural home remedies, tips and also nutrition facts. Lily enjoys doing yoga and shows great interests in Human Nutrition and Fitness. You can find her on Facebook