SLEEP. ARE YOU GETTING ENOUGH?


Have you ever feel tired or not energetic after having adequate sleep all the night? Why is this? Is it poor quality sleep, or have they lost the ability to “switch off” and relax? In general, adults need about 7-8 hours sleep per night while children and adolescents need around 9-10 hours per night. However, amount of sleep people ranging from 5-10 hours per night.

Sleep is necessary for human to restore the normal balance of brain function after prolonged wakefulness. If not, then they are called robot. Too little sleep results in progressive deterioration of thought processes, and to mood changes like irritability and irrationality.
Sleep Problem
photo storage

YOUR BODY CLOCK

Have you ever wondered how your body knows it is time to go bed? We all know that we wake during the day and sleep at night – but why?

There is a rhythm in every aspect of our metabolism and varies in a 24-hour pattern which is called body clock. For examples, we have cyclic hormone production schedule which varies from day to night. The body temperature is higher during daylight hours than night. During waking hours, our metabolism accelerated and slow down during night. This variation remains even if you stay in bed all days. If you change your sleeping pattern by waking in the night and sleep during the day, your body will slowly adapt to your new pattern. However, we still do not know exactly why or how we actually fall asleep.

 

 

NORMAL SLEEP

Once sleep, the body is not totally at rest. There are stages of sleep which range from very light to very deep. In slow wave sleep the brain waves, measured electrically are very slow. In very deep, means restful sleep. Dream occur during this stage, but are usually not remembered. This is type of sleep that you have in the first hour and which then occupies about 75% of your sleeping time. The other 25% is taken up with rapid eye movement (REM) sleep. During this phase, the eyes move rapidly, dreaming occurs and remembered, and the brain is very active. REM sleep last between five to 30 minutes and occurs approximately every 90 minutes. You have more slow wave sleep when you are very tired. As you become progressively less tired, you have more REM sleep.

RECIPE FOR GOOD NIGHT’S SLEEP

1)      Establish a regular bed time.

2)      Wind down before getting into bed by relaxing with your family, take bath (as long as it’s nothing to stimulating!)

3)      Avoid fall asleep in front of television. If you’re tired, get into bed.

4)      Drink a warm milk beverage if you like, but avoid caffeine and alcoholic drinks.

5)      Have a comfortable bed and quite bedroom (away from distracting noise, smells or light which conspire to keep you awake).

6)      Relaxation exercises and meditation or prayer help to settle the mind and prepare it for sleep.

7)      Try not to go to bed angry. You’ll toss and turn all night.

Take enough sleep while your mind in peaceful thus, you can wake up energetically throughout the day-time.

Lazada Malaysia

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.


*