Asthma is a common problem that affects many people worldwide. It is a chronic (long-term) lung disease that inflames and narrows the airways. This disease causes recurring periods of wheezing (a whistling sound when you breathe), chest tightness, shortness of breath, and coughing. The coughing often occurs at night or early in the morning. It happens because of the respiratory air-passage.
The major cause of an asthma attack is chronic inflammation. The person will be more sensitive especially when exposed to environment that triggers asthma. It affects people of all ages, but it most often starts during childhood.
There are common symptoms of asthma
1. The person will get cough especially at night or early in the morning.
2. The person will get noisy breathing along with panting.
3. The person will have difficulty to breath and make squeaky sound.
4. It will effect on sleeping time. Most of patient will have trouble in sleeping.
The symptoms are different from person. Sometimes it will effect on your heart.
1. Family history.
2. The changes of diet.
3. Bad environment such as pollution.
4. Viral infection .
5. Smoke. Smoking or burning place is bad place for asthma patient.
The picture show the location of the lungs and airways in body in normal and during asthma symptoms
Tips to prevent and asthma treatment
1. Avoid the things that trigger asthma.
2. Use medicines that recommend by doctor. Get regular checkup with your health provider.
3. Avoid all foods that make your asthma worse.
4. Maintain normal or near-normal lung function
There are two types of medication
1. Preventative medicines called controller asthma medicines.
2. Quick relief medicines such as wheezing, coughing or trouble breathing.
This disease is just an illness that can be control and medicate.It can’t be cure but with good treatment and management sufferer can live like normal person.