Do you feel depressed? Some people have felt sad or depressed at times. The feeling can be a normal reaction to loss, life’s struggless or an injured self-esteem.
What is depression
Depression is a state of low mood and aversion to activity and one of the most common mental health conditions. Depression has been affecting almost 10% of the population in the world.
There are many depression cause such as problem in workplace, family problem, financial problem or health problem. Some of people do short thing like drink alcohol or take drug. There also avoid to meet with friends and relatives. They keep on sadd and depression.This is not the right way.
Some of depression people may suffer bad health problem especially in their brain. The condition could be worse and the brain may inactive if there’s no early treatment.
Depression can be caused by this factors :-
1. Biology (body chemistry and brain function),
2. Genetics (heredity),
3. Environment (stress, trauma, etc.),
4. Medical conditions (physical problems, disease, etc.).
How Do I Know If I Have Depression
- A depressed mood during most of the day, particularly in the morning
- Fatigue or loss of energy almost every day
- Feelings of worthlessness or guilt almost every day
- Impaired concentration, indecisiveness
- Insomnia (an inability to sleep) or hypersomnia (excessive sleeping) almost every day
- Markedly diminished interest or pleasure in almost all activities nearly every day
- Recurring thoughts of death or suicide (not just fearing death)
- A sense of restlessness or being slowed down
- Significant weight loss or weight gain
The best way for treatment depression is find a psychotherapy. They using various techniques to treat depression such as using Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) or Interpersonal therapy(IPT). This kind of treatment need many session to complete before the person really cure from depression.
It is important for friends or relatives to give moral support for depression person. Never let them alone cause they need you.
Reference : WebMD